The Business & Self Assessment section of Revenue.ie provides a general overview of tax issues for business users, including PAYE employers, and of the Self Assessment system as it applies to Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax. The most popular forms and relevant guides are also provided. You can also visit the Tax Practitioners and the Taxes & Duties (where you'll find all downloadable forms and leaflets) sections for more topics that may be relevant and for further in-depth business tax information. The Customs section contains information relevant to your business and Customs.
The core business is the assessment and collection of taxes and duties. Revenue's mandate derives from obligations imposed by statute and by Government and as a result of Ireland's membership of the European Union. In broad terms the work includes -
- Assessing, collecting and managing taxes and duties that account for over 93% of Exchequer Revenue
- Administering the Customs regime for the control of imports and exports and collection of duties and levies on behalf of the EU
- Working in co-operation with other State Agencies in the fight against drugs and in other cross Departmental initiatives
- Carrying out Agency work for other Departments
- Collection of PRSI for the Department of Social Protection
- Provision of policy advice on taxation issues.